Monday, June 01, 2009

Remember me??



Despite many good intentions, it's been over 6 months since I've taken the time to write anything. Shame on me. However, it's not totally my fault. Some of it is beyond my control. I have an old "Fortune Telling Birthday Book" from the 1930's and part of my "fortune" is: "although you plan many things, you tire quickly and drop them before completion." Yep, that's me. It's in the stars that I'm a slacker.

That aside, about 3 dozen things are "new" since my last post, but I'm not going to try to enumerate them. The nice picture above is from Marco's 60th birthday party, and the people in the pic are all relatives on his mother's side of the family. Midgie, Mildred, Teri, Joey, me, Marco and Betty and Maryann in the front row. All lovely people. Almost 100 people attended the party, and it was loads of fun.

Marco and I and all the kids, grandkids and pets are doing good. Granddaughter Kayla graduates from high school tomorrow, and will be going to Ohio State for college. School is out either today or tomorrow for all the school-age children. And Todd and Aubrey are expecting another baby at Christmas, bringing the total to 11. So far.

I am finally going to an orthopedic surgeon to get an opinion on my knee. I think it will be needing replaced, and soon. I don't think the doc will disagree.

My sister-in-law, Connie, has retired recently, and I wish her a happy and long retirement. She's a very nice gal.

Miss Jean is doing pretty good. She stated that she gets around better than I do, and some days, she's right. I'm limping around like granny grunt.

The birdies and doggies are doing fine. Poor Dusty, the 7 year old, had to have a lot of extractions when he got his teeth cleaned last time. I just don't remember any of our pets, when we were kids, having so many medical bills for stuff like teeth cleaning. Dusty's set us back over $500. That's awful.

This is a good beginning. Don't want to tire myself the first thing out of the gate. But check in often, I promise to be back with more exciting stuff from my life.

SMOOCHES!!

No comments: