Saturday, June 08, 2013

Happy Birthday Trent









Today is grandson Trent's 17th birthday.  I looked thru my pictures and cannot find a picture of Trent by himself, so I'll use one with his beautiful sister Kelcie (ignore the duckface) in it.  In looking at all my pictures, it's hard to find a picture of any of the grandkids by themselves, so I know what I'll be doing each time I see them this summer. Trent is a great student and athlete, and this summer he's going to be working.  And of course, he's been driving for a year now.......a really good kid.  Have a great day today Trent.

I was having coffee on the deck and thinking about all the kids growing up, and of course....driving.  I remember I got my drivers license at 16, but I never got a car until after I was married.  I went to OSU for my freshman year, and my dad drove me up to campus each day.  After classes, I took the bus downtown to Lazarus where I worked 4 hours a day in the toy department.  Then I took the Livingston Avenue bus out to Barnett Road and walked about 4 blocks home.  Can you imagine doing that today?  I don't think so.  Just another example how times have changed.  I haven't been on a bus for years....and can't say I miss it.

Today I'm driving over to Newark to the Ohio Valley Outdoor Store where my son works a second job.  I have a Smith & Wesson Model 36 revolver and the only carry I have for it is a purse with a built-in holster.  With niece Jennifer having a large property now where we can all shoot, I really don't want to carry a purse out to shoot.  Hope I'm not the only grandma in the gun department trying on holsters. 

That's about it for the day ~ gotta get rolling; thanks for visiting.

 




No comments: