Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainy morning in Columbus

 
 
 
 
 
This picture is about what downtown Columbus looks like today.  Rainy.
 
I ended up not going to Buckeye Outdoors on Saturday.  Marco and I rode the cycle there yesterday.  Scott showed us around, and all I actually got was a holster for my Smith & Wesson.  It has clips, and it can be clipped to the inside or outside of a waistband.  Doesn't need to be looped thru a belt.  But the store is amazing.  Glad we finally got to stop by and see it.  We ate at Roosters, and then just enjoyed the rest of the day. 
 
 
Marco and I did decided again to cut back on eating.  I made a Meijer run, and loaded up on a lot of produce and lowfat stuff.  We are growing tomatoes and peppers in containers on the deck, and they are doing good.  Peppers are ready; I cut up one - a Hungarian sweet pepper - for my birds yesterday.  They love peppers.  The tomatoes are obviously still green, but I'm surprised how big they are getting for mid-June.  I've also been sprouting for quite a while.  I add the sprouts to the birds "chop" too.  Here's a picture of today's sprouts ~ mung beans.  They are great on salads:
 
 
 
 

When "going on a diet" again....I always try to remember that there are many other aspects to each of us beside what we look like.  Maybe a bit of a cliché, but still true:  body, mind and spirit.  Maybe it's better to put these in reverse order of importance:  spirit, mind and body. 

When we were younger and all the kids were still at home, it was fun, but crazy.  Especially when the kids became teenagers, got cars, then got jobs and still had scads of friends over all the time.  At times, it was like a merry-go-round....spinning faster and faster.  We were all so busy all the time. Now of course it's easier, but on many days, it's still one thing after another.  I don't even sit down.  So "going on a diet" is going to be several things for me......among them, finding some down time.  Probably one of the many reasons I started blogging again.  Like writing in a diary.  And it is done sitting down. 

So folks.....try to stay dry today, and here's my quote for the day:




 

1 comment:

Berta in Cincy said...

Hi Barb. Going to start a blog myself. Going to read of few of yours and some others before I start. Yours is a good example of not to long and not to short