Sunday, October 29, 2006

Soggy party


October in Ohio isn't what it used to be!
Our Halloween Party at cousin Jen's was wet, windy and soggy underfoot. Marco and I got slightly lost on the trip over, but eventually found our way. (How many times have we been there??)
Jeremiah made a great bonfire, but the wind changed direction so much that there was a real chance of getting burned up if you were standing too close to the fire. I think the temperature was in the upper 40's. Just not like some of the beautiful fall days we've had before.
The little kids looked cute in their costumes, as kids always do. Three of my grandkids were there. The oldest, Kayla, now has her learner's permit. Wow. The twins, Jared and Jessica, are growing like crazy; they are about shoulder high on me. I haven't seen them for weeks; it was good to get a hug.
Justin made a "corn hole" game in his wood shop class at school, and really did a good job. There were a couple of new kittens in the garage that I hadn't seen before. The "guys" watched football in the den much of the time, and the "ladies" chatted. Jen made a big pot of chili, and it was good. Jens doxies had halloween collars on, and they looked cute, too. I don't think our doxies would like dressing up, even with only collars....
We stayed about 3 hours, and then headed for home. Nice day, but crummy weather.

No comments: