Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A good night's sleep





Here's a great pic of Kayla that papaw Marco took Sunday at the Labor Day picnic. Papaw just saw Kayla chilling out and snapped her and I love it. Miss Kayla is a junior this year. (!!) Amazing. She drove over to the picnic. I still can't get over that. A grandchild driving. Jeff knows how this is also. How did we get so old so fast?? The question now is: who will become a great grandparent first?? It will be interesting.

This is another really hot day, and I think that makes about 400 this year alone. It's 94 outside and humid and hazy. I feel terrible. Oh.....I'll bet you're all thinking: What's the deal with "a good night's sleep"? Well, we got a new mattress and it was delivered today. It's awesome and it was badly needed. I can't wait to hit it tonight. Let's see ~ it's about 7:00 now, and I think bedtime will be about 8:30. We have a king size bed, but not king size pillows. They're standard. Down filled. And I have 6 of them on the bed. Everything is fluffed and clean and waiting on me. Marco is at the Legion working on the books, which is a euphemism for "drinking beer on the patio." Which is probably a good idea. I think I'll have something icy before bed; I think there is cranberry juice and vodka here.

I've been yaking to mom that she ought to have a debit card, even if she doesn't use it. You never know when you'll need access to your money at 2:00 a.m. in the morning. She always refused. Then her bank SENT her one. Yay. It's been activated and she has her PIN. We're gonna get this ole lady into the 21st century yet. Can't wait to see if she actually uses it. :-)

I can't think of anything else exciting today. Guess I'm too excited about my new mattress. In fact, it's calling me now, so I think I'll wind this up.
Let's see.....I love kissing in the rain.
You be cool Columbus.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Barb - I truly hope you are a GREAT-GRANDPARENT first, because if Dad is then it means I will be a Grandma and I just can't see that! It's possible and that is so scary - he will be 18 in January. You are right - where did the time go?!?!

Love, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, we have aunts and cousins (Margaret and Mary Lib) who were parents by age 14, and grandparents by around 30. I think Margaret was 16 (maybe just 15)when Mary Lib was born, and then Mary Lib had Margy (I think she's the oldest) when SHE was 14. So try not to worry too much. I think you've got at least 5 or 6 years yet!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I sure am glad that it is you two discussing great-grandchildren. I have quite a while, I hope. Only one grandchild (just 10 last month). Let us know how the new mattress is. I'm going to need one soon and don't know what's good anymore.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary, we got the Serta "Pelican Bay"; it was on sale for $1399 and it's firmer than those with smushy pillow tops. We have a king size bed. We woke up this a.m. feeling GREAT, no aches or pains like we usually have. We are good sleepers, but last night we were WONDERFUL sleepers. We love it. (Got a free bathrobe, too.)