Friday, September 07, 2007

Rain on our parade


Looks like rain is moving in, and we won't be mingling with Woody and the rest of the Buckeye fans this weekend up at tailgating. The new parking arrangements for campers is going to put a crimp in it, as it is. We used to be able to have our guests park next to our motor coach, but this year there will be a separate parking lot for cars. All in all, it will be about 14 hours expended for a 3 hour game.
Plus, this year I am going to have to get an electric scooter like the kids all have if I'm going to be able to get around. Marco and I used to walk all over the place; sometimes down 2 or 3 parking lots to chat with other tailgaters that we know. With the total crash of my left knee, I never know when it's going to be a "bad day". Ha. I'm going to talk to the doctor about getting a brace made especially for me, and my chubby little leg. Plus, I may give in, and get the series of Synvisc shots to cushion the knee joint. But I've hit the floor too many times to try to walk all over the campus, and risk hitting the concrete. Just recently, the knowledge that I'm never really going to be able to walk well again is just sinking in. It's been bad. Never thought I'd be in this situation this early, but there's not much I can do about it. No total replacement is in my near future, with my allergies to all pain meds. Doc won't do it. So...............
DH and I are going out for a late dinner; think we'll probably just go to bed when we get home, so Columbus.............you be cool.
I love:a good hair day

No comments: