Friday, November 10, 2006

"Miss Jean"


This is a picture of "Miss Jean", a name the greatgrandkids came up with for my mother, Jean Williams.
She looks a little lonely sitting here in the picture, but there were a lot of us around. It was Jared and Jessica's birthday, but all the kids were busy running around, just out of camera range. Also, this is the only picture I currently have of Miss Jean in my picture folder, and heaven knows when I'll have the time to add more, as my schedule the next few weeks is hectic.
It's hard to believe Miss Jean is 84. She looks much younger, and acts much younger, although she's slowed down some since daddy died almost 16 months ago. It's funny, but dad was just "grandpa". Not Mr. Jack or anything. I think it was Jessica that came up with the Miss Jean moniker.
Unfortunately, Miss Jean has to have a bothersome kidney removed on the 27th of this month. Somehow, it stopped working, and has gotten infected, and the infection won't go away. It will be laparoscopy surgery, but still..... kidneys seem kinda buried in the body, and it seems like you'd have to dig fairly deep to get one out. No one is looking forward to it. I'm pretty confidant that Miss Jean won't read this blog, as she doesn't currently have internet access. I don't think she'd want to read about herself in regard to the upcoming surgery. However, that event is coloring our lives for the next 2 months; getting ready for it and recuping from it. I'm mentioning it tonight as it will affect my online stuff. If you don't hear from me from time to time, I'm busy with real life. Wish us well.

No comments: