Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Operation Went Well


Look how cute Dusty is in this picture. He's got his sweetie-face on so people won't think about how much he pees on their shoes when they reach down to pet him. He gets excited. Very. And he's excited today because his 3rd favorite person did just fine in her surgery. The kidney is gone. And Miss Jean is doing well. No complications - and several were expected. We were lucky. And blessed. Miss Jean isn't in very much pain either, as they gave her that push-button thing that releases pain killer immediately in her I.V. when she pushes it. She's been sleeping much of the time, but is very lucid and "with it" when she's awake. Just like Miss Jean always is. So, we are relieved, to say the least. I imagine she'll come home this weekend, and be on the road to recovery by Christmas.
And speaking of Christmas, I almost have my shopping done. Of course, a lot of my "shopping" is now in the form of cash or gift cards, which is wonderful for me. I still have a few things to buy for Jamie and Travis, and I'll be done. Except for Marco. We're not big on gifts anymore. We pretty much have everything we want and/or need. I wouldn't mind an Escalade, but I don't want to pay for it, so that's that. I'm sure he'd like some new wheels, too, as both of our vehicles have over 100,000 on them. But they run just fine, and they're paid for. Maybe next year.

No comments: