Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Whoopers


I'm using a pic of a couple of my birds in honor of Operation Migration 2006. The Whooping Cranes have finally crossed the finish line! They have landed safely at the Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge in Florida, after 76 days of migration, 22 of which were fly days, and 1234 miles. I am a sponsor of this program, and have been interested in Operation Migration ever since seeing the movie "Fly Away Home". I'm really happy they made it by Christmas; that is a good present for me. This is really a beautiful and worthwhile project. If I ever win the lottery, I'll be a big supporter of Operation Migration.
We are ready for Christmas here. I just wish it would snow. It was 54 degrees today, a bit too warm to snow. Three more days till Christmas, there's always hope. More later, I have a couple more presents to wrap, and some tidying up to do. Night, all...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Barb. Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Lee Ann and I are also all ready for Christmas. Grant is going to make out this year for sure. I get him Christmas day this year and that is the only present I need. I agree with you, I wish it were a little colder. Anyway I think this is a pretty cool site. I love you and have a Merry Christmas.

Chris