Saturday, December 02, 2006

Busy day


Yesterday's weather was nasty over much of the country. All we had was wind, and just a mist of precipitation. Much of the country had snow. Since we didn't, I just threw in a picture from last year that contains snow. I took it from the car. It's the bridge over Blacklick Creek on Brice Road, near Countryview. Very pretty. I'm sure there will be some of this in store for us later.
Mom was hoping to come home today, but they want to keep her till Monday morning so they can monitor her heart medication, which they took her off of before her surgery. She had one episode of arrythmia on Wednesday, so they got her back on meds right away, but I think with her age and all, they want to really have her supervised pretty good. When they asked her if she lived alone, she said yes, and they noted that. It's actually the truth. Just because we live next door and will be with her for as long as she needs us.....well, that's our business. She feels good from the surgery standpoint. She's unhooked from everything. A physical therapist came down and took her for a walk, because therapy is pretty standard with an 85 year old patient. (Who lives alone.) But he said she was doing great, and certainly didn't need any therapy. So I'm thinking and hoping everything is going to go well. Marco and I have been decorating her house, inside and out. The wind blew some of the lights off one of her trees, and we had to do repairs, but it's looking good. All we need is some snow.....
Today I have to hit a bunch of stores, and also attend to my house and my laundry. But on my way to store #1, I'm stopping at Starbucks (an occasional treat only) for a cup of something wonderful. Yikes, I also need to do my Christmas cards. Mmmmmm. Guess I'd better put my boogie shoes on and get out of here.

No comments: