Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's gettin' hotter each day


I don't know if you can really see the bridge posted in this pic. Someone sent it to me the other day. It's a bridge in southern France that basically connects a Paris "motorway" to the Mediterranean Ocean. And it's HIGH. And you couldn't pay me to go on it. Just sitting here and looking at it makes me queasy. I may just have to lay down on the floor a minute......
Okay, I'm alright now. That bridge just fascinated me. Had to throw it in. And mainly because it's so damn hot outside that I can't do anything else worth writing about. When we go to the store I have to start the car and turn the air conditioner on and then run back in the house for 2 or 3 minutes. My clothes have been damp for about 2 months now. I put 'em on dry, and within 2 minutes, I'm damp. The dogs run out, pee, and run back in. The birds just hang out as usual. When will this ever be over?
Since I'm so fried, I'm just going to bed. It's 10:15 - I'm an old lady - I'm entitled to go to bed early. Nothing is on t.v. yet.....same old summer reruns. So gang, sorry, but at least I'm kinda back. More later....
LuvYa,
B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The heat (lack of) tolerance must come through our dads' side of the family. The heat isn't bad enough but the heat index hits 110 or more. I hate to have to go out. I got cortisone in my shoulder yesterday so that is little better. I have to do a load of laundry but I am too hot to move right now. It's 6 0'clock and I haven't started dinner yet. Too hot for that too.

Autumn Rose said...

I remember Mimi always "mopping her brow" also, so maybe we get it honestly from both sides.