Saturday, August 04, 2007

Long hot week



I'm adding a pic I took recently of the Beanie Babies I have on the top of my bed. I belong to a fun group of MSN ladies online, and I posted this as "How many Beanies are on my bed?". About 10 people guessed, and one lady only missed it by one. She guessed 85 and there are 86, counting the large bald eagle. I stopped collecting long ago. I'll bet there are at least 500....600...beanies out now. Every sign of the zodiac, every state, 2 or 3 new ones each year for each holiday. Just too darn many. Plus, I have to take mine down and dust the top of the bed, and fluff the beanies in the dryer (about 4 seperate loads) at least twice a year, or else hubby and I start sneezing with the dust.
We went to dinner with Todd and Aubrey at Brio's last night. We usually eat on the patio, but it was 98 outside and only a couple of hardy people were out on the patio. We had a great meal and even greater dessert. Their baby is due on November 21st, and they are going to name her Ava. I like the name very much. We had a real nice time.
If you have been reading Rick's blog (the goatrope) you'll see that he's doing a triathalon tomorrow, and I am worried about that. I know people that have had bypass surgery go on to lead pretty normal lives, but that's not exactly "normal". And now that he has a pacemaker, it worries me more. But he knows how he wants to live his life, and I say, more power to him. I just hope the temp (mid 90's again) won't be too hard on him and all the runners, bikers, and swimmers. (The swimming part would do me in.)
I am planning on doing zilch today. This week has been a long, hard and hot one, and I'm doing my blog, a load of laundry, sweeping up in the bird's room, and stretching out and watching a DVD. In fact, I may just run over to Wal-Mart and pick up a new DVD. I think a couple of good ones came out yesterday. Marco is finishing Scott and Jackie's basement today, so at least they will be working in the basement where it will be mucho cool.
I'm getting back in the blog groove by just blabbing a little; hopefully, more thoughtful issues will be forthcoming soon . . . but this heat is just killing me, even with air conditioning I'm sweating like a pig after running the sweeper or folding laundry, and I don't feel thoughtful. Just hot and cranky. So folkes, stay cool and tune in later.....
Grandma Barb

No comments: