Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What blog??





I'm baaaack......Has it been 4 months since I stopped blogging? I've been asked by several family members, "what's up with no blog?" And I don't know what's up. I'll just try to start again, and spread family news around. I'll do what I can. :-)
Pictured above are Pepper, Amazons Baby and Sunny, and MaggyMay, who has been a little under the weather, but is now doing pretty good. Poor Mags has heart failure, and he's only 17, which is young in parrot age. He is now on Lasix, and that apparently is all he needs right now. 3 drops twice a day. They are keeping me busy. I wanted to get a fairly large cage to put out on the deck so 2 of them at a time can go outside, but didn't get around to it this year. I'd love to roll their cages outside, but the 3 steps down to the deck are steep, so that wouldn't work for us.
One of the reasons that I haven't done as much as I wanted this year is that my "bad" knee has become my "really bad" knee, and needs to be replaced. The only glitch is that I am allergic (for a better word) to ALL medication. Pain meds, antibiotics, muscle relaxers, antidepressants, even things like Vitamin C tablets. Can't even do I.V. pain medication. I had to be admitted to the ER this summer with a splitting headache and a bloodshot eye (thought it may have been a stroke, but ruled that out) and they put me on a pain I.V., along with Phenergan for nausea, and I threw up for 4 hours. So. Doc says we have to figure out what to do about this little problem, as the surgery and the rehab is very painful. 2 people who have had the surgery said it's VERY painful. Why am I such a weird person. (MaryAnn, this paragraph for mainly for you, as we are in the same boat with bad knees.)
We still have dauschunds Dusty and Bud, and they are sporting shaved little bodies, as the summer up here is hot, hot, hot. I let mine grow a bit this summer so I can pull it back in a ponytail, as I'm hot, hot, hot, and that's the best way for me to get cool. Cool-ish.
Marco has been jet-skiing a little, but I can't even get on the darn thing with my knees, so he's been skiing alone.
Grandma Jean is doing okay, and Aunt Bobbie is here this week visiting, which is GOOD.
Other than that, not a whole lot has elapsed in the past 4 months. This is just a quickie just to get started back to blogging. Rick is still doing his faithfully.
Tune in tomorrow, and maybe I'll have done a little more. It's my "August resolution."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about time! I check this every day and had decided that you weren't blogging anymore. I hope you can do something for the knee. I go to the doctor next week about my shoulder. It is as bad as the knee. Had cortisone in it in October. It helped quite a bit but I waited until it got real bad again. Have trouble sleeping. At least all the bad parts are on one side. I really must write more one of these days. I keep thinking that we will come up for a day but I have been so busy with Tyler. Maybe when school starts I can do some things I want to do.