Saturday, August 11, 2007

Looking back musically



I'm just sticking in a pic of the pond for no particular reason. I'm pretty sure I've posted it before, but whatever. I've worried about the koi during this awful hot weather, but they seem to be doing okay. The lattice cover over the pond, plus the water hyacinth and parrot feather in the pond keep the water fairly cool. Seems there's no middle ground for the koi either. It's either too hot or too cold, but this morning they were chasing each other around the pond like there was no tomorrow, so it looks like they're having fun and all that.

This morning I found a neat web site where you can look up the song that was number 1 the week you were born. Without divulging too much information, the number 1 song the week I was born was "I'm Making Believe" by The Ink Spots and Ella Fitzgerald. For Marco it was "Crying Down The River" by Russ Morgan. For my mom, it was "Angel Child" by Al Jolson, and for dad, it was "Cherie" by Paul Whiteman. It's interesting that someone would compile a list like this. Actually, on the internet, you could probably look up ANY list and you would find it. The amount of information at our fingertips is just amazing.

So if you want to look up your song, here's the site: http://www.joshhosler.biz/

*** Note: I'm posting this for you just to look up the name of the song. Don't actually play it, as it does something bad to your default media players. I just got an email from a friend that got her files all botched up by playing the song.*** I'd delete this post, but someone may have bookmarked the site already..... :-(

I used to listen to more music than I do now, that's for sure. I used to even have a radio at work, altho' I mainly listened to Howard Stern in the mornings, and then just a little bit of music and then turned it off. After a while, even music irritates me. Just too much noise. I suppose if I were younger and still working, I'd have an iPod, but you couldn't give me one today.

We are heading up to Easton in just a little bit, which is always fun. The humidity is down a little today, so I think I'll survive. A little shopping and a glass of wine for me. That will be it for the day. So, I'd better get ready, and I'll catch you later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are getting good at this blog thing!

Anonymous said...

I may keep at it . . . also, anyone can do a blog. It's easy. Hmmmm.......